[SML] Road case weights - Update

Bruce Purdy bpurdy at rochester.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 22:08:21 UTC 2014

Brian Munroe  wrote:

> Your mic stand case weighs less than 200 pounds?

	Please note: I am not a sound guy. I’m primarily a performer who caries his own tech, and also a tech for hire for small events. My “Mic stand case” is a crate that holds two speakers (Yamaha BR10), two speaker stands, TWO folding mic stands and one spooled 100’ speaker cable. I got tired of carrying all those things separately through a school to the auditorium so I built a custom rolling case. That is one of the few cases I have not yet weighed, since it’s in the house whilst I’m making some modifications to it.

> 	My small work box might weigh 200 if all the drawers were empty.

	Mine aren’t designed for heavy touring - just transporting in my van or a rental truck to gigs. They are mostly ½” ply and some ¼” .

Bruce
-----
Bruce Purdy
Central New York Magic Theatre Co.