[SML] man's wedding ring gets him killed

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 12 21:57:04 UTC 2014

 Judith Kupferman via Stagecraft wrote:

> I spent a week once working along with "real" electricians, the kind
> who did permanent installations (Their company had just finished doing
> all the lighting along the boardwalk). I remember they told me they
> always take off their watches and wedding rings before starting work.

Yes, when I worked as an electrician's helper back in 1964-5 he said the same thing.  I, of course, had no wedding ring or a watch so it didn't much matter to me.   The electrician i worked for use to see if 110v lines were hot by wetting his fingers or using his tongue.  Yes we  had meters and neon testers, which is what I used.  i still don't wear any rings or watches.

DickA
TD, Cornell U