[SML] Tele-Q & Practical Phones

Jamie Lindemann jalinde at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 15:32:11 UTC 2014

Good morning, list. Long time listener, first time caller.

I'm working on a production that features a phone activated remotely via
Tele-Q. That part works great.

However, it has come up recently that they want to have the option of using
a phone in the booth to actually speak with the performer on stage.

I need a hand with the wiring that needs to take place to allow two phones
to communicate without either being actually attached to a proper phone
line. I know they need to get powered somehow, which would normally be from
the phone company.

And for that matter, can the Tele-Q still be involved to ring the onstage
phone? Is there a way to wire the Tele-Q essentially in parallel so that it
rings the phone (or phones, I can turn off the ringer on the one in the
booth) but still allows the audio signal from the booth phone to be
transmitted to the onstage phone?

--
Jamie Lindemann
Unicorn Theatre, Kansas City, MO