[SML] infrared hearing systems

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Thu Nov 27 19:28:54 UTC 2014

I was in one theatre that had strobes mounted at the pros. opening with
slave triggers.  A flash from the audience resulted in a simultanious
flash from the stage.  Washed out your picture and if you did it again
your neighbors would pound you silly.

As for real audiences not doing it...  May not be so many flashes
because they're all making a video of the entire production.

On 11/27/2014 11:20 AM, e-mail frank.wood95 via Stagecraft wrote:
> I work, or rather worked, as a theatre lighting designer, and sound
> designer as well. But I lit a local ballet school's shows for many
> years. I resigned myself to the fact that parents wanted photos of
> their kids doing their bit. The Principal of the school did her best,
> having a professional outfit take their shots, with multiple flashes,
> umbrellas, and all, for sale to the mothers. But at least they were
> always at the dress rehearsal.
>
> The standard prohibition was always issued, and always ignored. What can you do?
>
> At least my audiences for real plays don't do this.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand