[SML] elite production?

Dale Farmer dalesql at verizon.net
Wed Oct 1 05:28:45 UTC 2014

On 9/30/2014 5:08 PM, Herrick Goldman via Stagecraft wrote:
> anyone wanna call BS on this?
>
> http://freebeacon.com/issues/stage-production-for-18-minute-obama-speech-cost-94360/
>
> Or introduce me to Elite Production since their fees must be very very nice..

Well, the document cited in the article said that the requirement was
issued on the 16th for a speech on the 17th.  Also, all the stage crew
there when POTUS is present have to be pre-cleared by the secret
service, which effectively limited the gig to companies that routinely
do presidential gigs.  So I see a huge price increase for the cost of
making your emergency my emergency, and another price increase for
probably flying in the crew from wherever they come from on no notice.
and scrambling around to find the actual gear, if they are not local to
the air force base where it happened.   So I see a couple hundred
percent markup on fairly substantial expenses.

    --Dale