[SML] proper batten clamping device for pipe-downs

Chip Haas chip.haas at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 19:31:51 UTC 2014

Bill,

That is for the Grid Lok pipe clamps, correct?  This is timely as I was
about to try and find this specific info for a project coming up.

City Theatrical makes a pipe tail down that works very well.  Pricey, but
we bought a few and use them a lot.  Don't remember where our Lighting
Supervisor bought them, but he was able to convince them to just sell us
the coupler and not the pipe (it comes with a 6' pipe standard).  Uses a
bolt to secure the pipe in place.  The image is from the City Theatrical
website.  We drilled out our pipe and installed the safety cable.

[image: Inline image 1]

--
Chip
--------

Technical Director / Lecturer in Theatre
Department of Theatre
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro

336-334-3891