[SML] proper batten clamping device for pipe-downs

Bruce Purdy bpurdy at rochester.rr.com
Wed Oct 1 20:34:53 UTC 2014

Joe Wilson via Stagecraft  wrote:

> What's your favorite pipe clamp for piping down for ladders or
> pipe-downs / tail-downs?

	Having worked in a low / no budget theatre, my tail down approach was much simpler / cheaper than those mentioned. It depends on what you are hanging, of course, but to drop a single parcan from the batten, I simply replaced the yoke bolt on a standard pipe clamp with a length of all-thread. Nuts and washers above and below the yoke, and you’re done!*

	*Not recommended for hanging multiple instruments, or movers.
	 Not recommended on cruise ships subject to dynamic motion
	 Always use safety cables on your instruments
	 Always wear safety goggles when using power tools
	 Void where prohibited

Bruce
-----
Bruce Purdy