[SML] GaffGun taping tool.

Dave Tosti-Lane davetostilane at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 15:19:47 UTC 2014

Depends on whether it's for me to use or someone who pays me to use.
They're gonna have to pay me more than that to spend a couple of hours
building one, to say nothing of materials. And then, if it doesn't work the
way they imagine it will they're gonna whine at ME instead of complain
about the company that makes it.

If it's for me to use on my own, then it's still about whether my time
building it is worth less than $200 - which usually comes down to whether
or not I'd enjoy building it. Now, if I wanted to enjoy building it, I'd be
thinking about how to combine something like a Roomba robotic vaccum
platform and the gaff-gun idea so it would do it on its own, and then I'm
probably gonna wind up spending a lot more than $200, and a lot more than a
couple of hours. (and have another project cluttering up the bench for a
couple of months after I see some other shiny object and get distracted)

I think I'll just have a beer instead.

DTL