[SML] PLASA public Review documents

Bill Sapsis bill at sapsis-rigging.com
Sat Oct 4 04:05:16 UTC 2014

Greetings all.   PLASA¹s Technical Standards Program has three draft
standards out for public review that might be of interest to you.

BSR E1.22 - 201x, Entertainment Technology - Fire Safety Curtain Systems,
is a revision of the 2009 ANSI
standard. It is being updated to better align it with the requirements
stated in NFPA 80. The draft standard
describes the materials, design, fabrication, installation, operation,
testing, and maintenance of fire safety
curtains and systems used for theatre proscenium opening protection. This
draft is available for public review
through 3 November 2014.

BSR E1.39 - 201x, Entertainment Technology - Selection and Use of Personal
Fall Arrest Systems on
Portable Structures Used in the Entertainment Industry, establishes
minimum requirements for the selection
and use of personal fall arrest systems on portable structures in the
entertainment industry. The standard
establishes minimum requirements for products and portable structures used
in the service of PFAS. Other
methods of fall protection, such as safety nets and guard rails, are not
within the scope of this standard. This
standard does not preclude the use of other standards to promote worker
safety. It is available for public
review through 3 November 2014.

BSR E1.51 - 201x, The Selection, Installation, and Use of Single-Conductor
Portable Power Feeder Cable
Systems for Use at 600 Volts Nominal or Less for the Distribution of
Electrical Energy in the Television, Film,
Live Performance, and Event Industries in Canada is intended to offer
guidance in accordance with existing
applicable standards and regulations in Canada on how to select, install,
use and maintain single-conductor
portable feeder cables used to supply power for television, film, live
performance, and special events in
Canada. It is available for public review through 17 November 2014.

Please remember, if you have a comment you wish to make on any of these
documents please use the official comment form found here.
<http://tsp.plasa.org/tsp/documents/public_review_docs.php>  Do not make
comments to me with the expectation that I will pass them on.  I won¹t.

Enjoy!

Bill S.
http://www.sapsis-rigging.com
Bill at sapsis-rigging.com