[SML] OT: Printing business cards

Andy Lang andy at ducksecho.com
Tue Oct 7 01:26:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Dave Vick via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I used to use Moo, until I got sick to death of the non-standard size.
> Now I use PrintingForLess.com, as shilled by Andy Lang, and I'm very
> pleased with the results.
>
> www.printingforless.com or 800-930-6040. Tell 'em the Red Team rules
> (right, Andy?)...

Indeed...I've had exactly one problem with them, ever, and it was when
getting a non-standard product (plastic cards) that they actually
don't do in-house, and the problem was on their outside partners' end.
Lesson learned.

If you use referral code RP14Q22N6, you get $50 off your order, and I
get a little thank you credit for my next order, which I'd greatly
appreciate. I've used them for many cards over the years...my design
cards, my Duck's Echo company cards, and even my Figure 53 cards, and
they referred me to the printer I use for decals, as well, who rocks.

Just don't get the plastic cards :-) They sound cooler than they are,
and are pickier with source images w/r/t very fine lines, due to the
different print process.

They're not a union shop, but frequently rated a "best employer"
regionally and (IIRC) nationally, so their crew's never felt the need.
My impresson is that if all employers were like PFL, we wouldn't need
unions.

-Andy