[SML] CNC Assistance

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Fri Oct 10 00:34:19 UTC 2014

I can help with some of the CNC conversion, depending on what software
is involved.  I currently use a TurboCAD 2-1/2 D plugin to generate the
g-codes, but also have CNC-USB software* for when I toss my old
controller and replace it with the new one.

A lot of people use MACH III software but I couldn't bring myself to
depend on a computer with a parallel printer port on the
motherboard...that's outdated even for me!

* http://www.planet-cnc.com/index.php?page=software

On 10/09/2014 05:08 PM, Patrick McCreary via Stagecraft wrote:
> I have been using (and teaching) AutoCad since 1985 - I can help you
> with that part, and know there are third party apps to convert to CNC
> commands. I'm a slow typist, but would be happy to talk. 724-840-8033.
>
> Patrick

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand