[SML] Fwd: Apps for iPads?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Sat Oct 11 14:27:22 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Dorian Kelly via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> I have a query via the American Society for Theatre Research of which I
> find myself a member, enquiring about  iPad apps for  a theatre department.
> Oh great wisdom of the Stagecraft list whose interests range mightily from
> Beer and Barbecue to Rigging Calcs and lighting swatch books, I would be
> grateful if you would deluge Kristi Austin from Idaho state university with
> recommendations? I can pass on anything you put on, or she has expressed
> and interest in joining herself.

Among others that have been mentioned, I use Yamaha's StageMix as an
adjunct to our LS9-32 digital sound console. I believe Yamaha has StageMix
for their other digital consoles as well.  For that matter, many (most?)
digital console makers make an app that can tap their boards. Excellent for
walking around EQing the house, or being up on stage trying to figure out
why the &$%^$! monitor isn't working....

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com