[SML] Travel toolbox suggestion

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Sat Oct 11 14:28:32 UTC 2014

>> At the moment the options I know of that interest me are:
>> Pelican 1510M - http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1510M
>> Pelican 1560 - http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1560
>> And their "luggage" line looks interesting.. http://www.pelican.com/case_category_luggage.

If you're thinking carry on make sure you check new size limits on Delta, United, American and others.  Luggage must now fit in their 22x14x9 size  no longer just under 22 one direction and under 45 total----unless you fly SW or Jet Blue.  Your old 15"wide won't cut it even if the total is below 45  and you've been using it for the past dozen years or more.  You'll have to get a 1510.  If you're checking this, get a bigger size.

DickA
TD, Cornell U