[SML] Windows Weirdness

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Sun Oct 12 19:15:01 UTC 2014

> Several bad words later, I uninstalled the devices through Computer
> Management and then plugged the hub back in, made SURE it was recognized
> as a hub, then added each device.  Seems to work now but of course the
> drive letter changed for an external drive... (grrrrr).

Yep. If the system gets confused, you have to do a software uninstall of the
device.  If the device is P&P, then you just have to plug the device back in
for it to be properly recognized.

You must have uninstalled something else that uses a device letter after you
installed the hub in the first time. So that lower letter was available when
you reinstalled the hub.

Bill