[SML] Floor taping tool... results

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Wed Oct 15 00:35:12 UTC 2014

So, after looking at commercial examples, and John Rourke willing to loan
me the PCPA home-made floor-taping gizmo (and sending me pictures of it) -
I decided to make my own. I've included a picture of it (yay for the new
list!)....  It works fine... better with gaff, rather than the vinyl floor
tape (I prefer the gaff anyway)....

For v. 2.0 I think I'll add a couple of wheels off the 'back' (a la
tricycle) for some stability in the "getting-off-the-starting-line" moment.

The thing is made from scrap lumber (2x3 fir handle, 3/4" and 1/2" ply).
The taping wheel is a 6 inch steel wheel, with some sort of smooth, hard
urethane or poly "tread." The tape spindle is actually the tape spindle
from a defunct packing tape applicator (that had been dropped one too many
times to actually successfully tape a box anymore).
[image: Inline image 1]

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com