[SML] Friendly Bell

Chip Wood chip.a.wood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 21:19:04 UTC 2014

Mostly relies on context, memories, and associations.  Most of us can
agree on what is an "alarm" unfriendly bell and an "alert" friendly
bell.  Many a scene has been set by the "sad" tolling or the "joyous"
ringing of church bells.  Same bells, different rhythm.
It's all music, like Major or Minor keys.
http://www.exploratorium.edu/music/questions/sadMusic.html

In my sound guy life I must have listened to 1000s of bells trying to
find the "right" one to set a mood.  I rarely had Directors reject my
choices.  Except stupid ones!

Chip 1