[SML] fluoro fixtures replacing

Steven Hood shood_td at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 22 19:31:00 UTC 2014

Most LED replacements I've seen actually bypass the fluorescent ballast
completely. Gotta be careful, though, because some don't dim welk, and some
fixtures have shunted lamp holders, and most of the LED tubes I've played
with don't want shunted, so I had to replace the lamp holders at $3 or so
each. There's a company one valley over  from us that sells flat strips
that just screw right to the surface of the fixture, no tube lamp holder
needed.
Steven R Hood
310.756.3555