[SML] Android, I bit the bullet.

Kevin Linzey KLinzey at vectorworks.net
Tue Oct 28 18:18:02 UTC 2014

"Nine" is good and has some positives and negatives.
I'm not a fan of the interface.

You can try Touchdown by NitroDesk.  They were bought by Symantec a while ago and I haven't seen a lot of updates from them lately.
I started using Touchdown long before Nine existed because I could not stand the default email on the phone.

Touchdown sandboxes a lot of the email features so it doesn't integrate with the native apps on the phone. The calendar in touchdown is only in touchdown and outlook.  It will not change the calendar on the phone.  Adding a contact to your phone's address book will not add it to exchange but exchange can update your phone's address book. It's intentional but you may or may not like this.

Nine syncs the native calendar and phone book in both directions.  Good if you want this but bad if you are trying to keep work and personal stuff separate.

Both Nine and Touchdown get around some of the default security restrictions placed y IT.  I know Touchdown also supports remote wipe of the phone.

Kevin