[SML] VL3500 Wash vs. Viper Wash

C. Andrew Dunning cad at landrudesign.com
Fri Oct 31 01:53:40 UTC 2014

Sean -

I used both (though, the "DX" version of the Vipers) on a recent project.
This was my first time using any of the Viper line and really liked them.
They had fairly even fields, were flicker-free, were more than bright enough
(for my given application - camera-friendly lighting for an in-the-round
arena production), and had pretty consistent color fixture-to-fixture.
Plus, I really liked their internal gating/shuttering.  While I never did
any real A/B comparison, I used the VLs where I needed their firepower and
zoom range - audience color washes.  No disappointment, there, either...

I hope that helps...at least, a little.

Regards -

C. Andrew Dunning
Landru Design