[SML] Time Lapse Suggestions

Alex French flaggday at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 02:12:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 5:13 PM, ani via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I am being requested to provide a time lapse video of an upcoming
> load-in that will be roughly 5 days long.

Take a look at the products available from Brinno- the TLC200, TLC200
Pro, and BCC100 Construction Camera.

$130-$270 for different models.  They're purpose built devices that
just do time lapses to SD cards.  Super simple interface, run for very
long periods on 4xAAs (like, many months if you're snapping at very
large intervals), standard 1/4" tripod mount works very well with a
GorillaPod, records to an SD card.  It looks like the Pro can use
standardish interchangeable lenses.  The BCC100 appears to be
weatherized to some degree.

The camera itself creates a video file (it doesn't store individual
images).  I can share a shell script to create individual images with
anyone who's interested.  (Errr... script sounds too fancy.  I think
it's just one command using some open source library actually, the
script part from that project was to create a grid montage from
individual photos).

Very convenient to record set builds, load ins/prod weeks/strikes,
weddings, machining, etc..

Alex French