[SML] Delayed emails (was Re: New server)

Noah Price stagecraft-web at theprices.net
Wed Sep 10 10:49:49 UTC 2014

Jo Golden wrote:
> Hmm, I just got Marty’s original post.  I don’t know who’s server is to
> blame, but since mine is based on Yahoo it may be me…

Yes, it's likely some emails were delayed getting through to Yahoo, where your email is hosted. Yahoo defers messages if they get busy or if too many yahoos (pun intended) mark list messages (or other messages from the prxy mail servers) as spam.

I don't think this was happening in your case, but some of those larger posts, or posts addressed with the digest subject, are trapped and don't go out until I review and release them. That was originally to avoid replies with entire digests, but with the new attachment and HTML stripping in the digests that may not work as well.

Noah