[SML] OT: Printer Ink

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 15:03:39 UTC 2014

The Millennium Copyright Act makes it illegal to copy the chip, or
bypass systems that make the printer reject 'non authentic'
cartridges. So much for reverse engineering. Kind of reminds me of
single-source (IBM) 80 col punch cards.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 7:23 AM, Jeffrey E. Salzberg via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> So...When the printer manufacturers warn that using third-party refills
> might damage my printer, is there truth to that, or are they just BSing so
> as to sell more ink (which is their real profit center).

/s/ Richard
_________