[SML] Tiny fogger rental?... Now: DRY ICE

Pat Kight kightp at peak.org
Thu Sep 18 02:27:57 UTC 2014

Jon Lagerquist via Stagecraft wrote:
> The part that the paper is rolled on is a "platen".
>

>> I think that gizmo is the carriage.

... and thus do we demonstrate exactly which among us are the geezers*.

(I have four manual typewriters, two in working condition. Originally
acquired as props, but I can't bear to get rid of them. Every now and
then I move one from its usual place as a bookend and type an
honest-to-god letter... and am reminded of why I'm known around my
office as the Destroyer of Keyboards. It took *work* to type on those
babies!)

* Or, as someone at the conference I attended last week put it, Tweezers
- people over 50 who aren't terrified of Twitter.
--
Pat Kight