[SML] Controlling three PowerPoint shows

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 18:07:11 UTC 2014

On 9/18/14, 1:49 PM, Alex French via Stagecraft wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Kevin (at Blinn) via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>> I have access to windows laptops galore, but not much freedom in
>> changing network settings.  Is there an inexpensive way (not the
>> Rosco product) to send keyboard commands from the light board or
>> from a 'master' windows PC?  I may have to build the shows just
>> like we did for TOMMY slide projectors so many years ago.

I'm not sure you'll be able to do this for free.  There is a third-part
PowerPoint plugin called PowerShow that adds multiple display support in
to powerpoint.  The license for it is $120.

Do you have a really good network department.  Like campus IT or
something similar.  It's common in IT to send the same command
simultaneously to multiple servers, so it's possible someone who does
that could help you configure your network to do something similar.

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall