[SML] plastic disconnect handle replacements

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Thu Sep 18 19:20:50 UTC 2014

Thanks Dale, but in this case the system is 3 fuses in the (very) large box, with the broken handle throwing the energized connector plates into the fuse mounts.  That way we can fuse anywhere from 60A to 200 in the audio ground (or 400A in the regular power) panels.

Please check with your company and let me know.  A lead is a lead is a lead.

And here's the thing with google . . .   WHAT you ask it is sometimes the bigger question.

Like "googling how to google."

Honestly, I'd like the electrical shop to find and fix it.  I feel like I've got enough to do on a regular basis.

(not sniping at Dale or anyone else.  Thanks for the advice so far.  Always hoping for the magical "the company in XXXXX has a load of those" answer.

Cheers

> There are companies that rebuild, recalibrate and recertify large
> breakers.   We sent some out from some used distros we purchased last
> year.   COst a lot, but substantially less than the cost of brand new
> breakers.   I'll ask at work tomorrow to see if I can find the name of
> the company we used tomorrow.   Or you could ask mister Google.
>
>     --Dale

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

604-822-2372
Andrew.riter at ubc.ca