[SML] CD player recommendation

Bill Potter bpotter at sps.edu
Fri Sep 19 15:15:43 UTC 2014

Hey gang,

Update on my search for updating the sound playback for our dance performances.

Our head of dance seems a bit reluctant about going with computer based playback (Qlab) and while we haven't ruled that out, we do want to purchase a new CD player (at least for backup if nothing else).

Anybody have a preference for single (or possibly dual) CD players? Preferred brands or models? Brands to avoid?

Are the dual decks geared more for DJ work? Anybody know of a dual deck system that can start both CDs with a single button push?

Now I’m off to start downloading and reading owners manuals. Thanks for any thoughts and suggestions.

Cheers,

Bill Potter
Arts Technical Director
St. Paul's School