[SML] McHale's in NYC

Stephen Rees Stephen.Rees at fredonia.edu
Sat Sep 20 12:35:44 UTC 2014

Last weekend Mary and I were in NYC doing a tour of gardens in the
Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan and had time Saturday evening before
doing a backstage tour to eat dinner at McHale's Bar and Grill on W
51st across from the Gershwin stage door.  I recalled a long time back
that there was mention of the late, lamented McHale's on this list but
thought to give the new version a go. Sooo. Although it is probably
not the quintessential stagehand bar the former place was, we were
real pleased with location, food quality and legal beverage choices.
Recommended if you are seeking such a venue before or after a show.
Steve Rees