[SML] Unaskable Haunted House Question

Jeremiah Minh Grünblatt roadhat at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 21 04:07:50 UTC 2014

Folks:

Please understand, before I even ask the question, that I am not going to
let the following occur. There is no chance of it actually happening. And
yet – the kids I’m working for on this uber-hip haunted house next week have
asked me to suss out the technical gimmickry behind the tough mudder electro
shock obstacle. Again, I am not going to rig a live mesh of 10,000 volt
wires as a gauntlet for the unsuspecting public. However, I am interested in
thoughts as to how best to fake this gag (i.e., a big scary single-pole
switch box that crackles and looks like it is sending live current through
suspended wires) and am ACADEMICALLY interested in how we think the actual
tough mudder obstacle is fabricated.

I completely understand if no one wants to touch this question with a
ten-foot insulated pole, but I couldn’t think of a better group to ask.

J. Minh