[SML] Genie AWP-25S

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 16:12:02 UTC 2014

My preference is Condor lifts, but I have found that forklift
batteries work well for Genie lifts at <only> 1000+ lbs.(!) each. Of
course, you can always have your lift drag around a bundle of 4/0
cables, as a tail, hooked into 'shore power'.
/s/ Richard

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Stuart Wheaton via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> On 9/23/2014 12:55 AM, Wayne Rasmussen via Stagecraft wrote:
>>
>>    Admitting that I'm spoiled
>> with the Genie lift at my school (electric power), the only one I've found
>> recently is a battery-powered lift on Craigslist.  The Genie AWP-25S,
>> according to the owner, needs a separate charger for the battery.  This is
>> different from a battery-powered lift I used several years back that had a
>> charger for the battery included with the lift.  The drawback was that the
>> electric power had to be plugged into the lift to keep it functional due
>> to the condition of the battery.
>>

> Battery powered lifts are the spawn of Satan.  they will fail when you want
> them most.  there is always a way around using a battery lift.
>
> Just my $.02, but based on the 30+ genies of all flavors that I have to
> inspect and fix every year.
>
> Stuart

/s/ Richard
_________