[SML] LED and projection cyc

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Sat Sep 27 14:21:36 UTC 2014

Clevelanders:

Anybody on this list in Cleveland?  I know there are, just admit it.

 If so,  are you going to see Motown the Musical at the State?  Working load in?  Watching load in next week?

I'd like to know about the video screen/ projection cyc they are supposedly using and how it's been working.   No brand names for now.  Don't want hassles for any others on list.

I'm looking at some video screen rentals for next spring and we are getting prices from different vendors that vary by close to 50%. (from $100k to $150k)   Different equipment but close to same  pixel pitch. (approx 5mm)    Very strange.  Some of the equipment I might expect to be cheaper is more and vice versa.   Might be looking at next less dense pixel pitch to save some $$$. (maybe 7 to 8 mm)

Let me know …on or off list……...or if you are on the tour, even better.

Thanks

DickA
TD, Cornell U