[SML] Chauvet LED movers

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Mon Sep 29 14:55:25 UTC 2014

Hi Bill,

I may have some insight here...

The 460 was a very solid entry-mid level LED Spot fixture in its day... offering what was (at the time) the best dimming available.

But time marches on...

The Rogue R1 and R2 spots, are in that next generation of technology, and extremely reasonably priced.
We've had major rental companies buy-in, so you are likely to be able to sub-rent extra fixtures if you need them.
Based on the feedback we received on the Rogue fixtures, our sales of the Q-Spot 460 essentially stopped cold.
The entry level Rogue R1 is a little brighter, and more compact than the 460, which was previously the mid-range fixture.  The R2 spot is the next level up in terms of performance, and has a few more features.
The feature set on the both Rogues is a little better than the Q's.  The movement is faster, they have power-linking, a couple more gobos, the R1 has an extra color, and the Rogues are just generally a little more refined than the Q-Spots.

The Color Temperature is higher in the Rogues, but the CTOs do a good job of dropping it into a more theatrical range.  The R2 has 2 Color Wheels with 7 dichro's (Trapezoidal, so you can do split colors) on each. The R1 has only one color wheel, but one more color on it than the Q-spot has on it's single wheel.    The Rogues also have an iris, and the R2 has a frost.

So... the Rogues have some nicer features, and are being used to replace a lot of the older gear in rental houses, so you are more likely to find a dealer that has the Rogue units in stock, and to be able to sub-rent more for further future needs.

The Qs, however are solid units, and do look very nice.

Not to speak poorly about own fixtures (as they were cutting edge in their day), but overall, I'd say the Rogues are a better fixture than the older Q-Spots.

All of that said, we do have some Q-Spot 460's available in both new and refurbished inventory, so you may be able to get a deal on them.  I'd ask your local rep to bring the Rogues by, and shoot them against your Q-Spots.  Then you can make a direct comparison for your application.

I will be travelling the next couple of weeks, but will be glad to pick up my cell phone if you want to chat about these fixtures, as long as I'm not on a plane, or in a meeting.

Gimme a shout.

-Ford

Ford Sellers
Senior Product Development Manager
CHAUVET Professional(r) and ILUMINARC(r)
5200 NW 108th Ave., Sunrise, FL 33351
Main Office: +1.954.577.4455 | 800-762-1084
Direct: 954-577-4475 | Mobile: 954-205-0177
fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
www.chauvetlighting.com | www.iluminarc.com