[SML] SML doesn't send initial message to original poster?

Noah Price stagecraft-web at theprices.net
Tue Sep 30 14:47:29 UTC 2014

Brian Munroe wrote:

> Bouncing back and forth between two emails account subscribed to the
> list, am I crazy or does it appear that the list does not send the
> original poster the SML version of their post?

This is a selectable option. By default you should receive your own posts. "Receive your own posts to the list?" set to "Yes."

If you are cc'ing yourself, you may be affected by "Avoid duplicate copies of messages?" which is set to "Yes" by default. That setting keeps the list from sending you the email directly if your (list subscribed) email address is on the To or Cc line.

The original welcome email included your list management login, where you may look at or change those options. Plus you'll get the information in a monthly reminder that should come out tomorrow :-)

Perhaps Google is eliminating it as a duplicate?

Noah