[SML] hazer

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Wed Apr 1 20:06:36 UTC 2015

If you only foresee using it a couple of times per year, I'd just rent them on a per production basis.   The things that screw up hazers and foggers are using the wrong juice in it, and letting it sit for long periods of time with juice in it slowly getting thicker between uses.
  They are kinda pita to repair, and parts are always a week to get in.

For smoke machines in a similar usage pattern, rent, or buy the cheapie consumer grade ones after halloween and throw it away when it has problems.   Keep a couple spares in the back room ready to unpack and use.

Dale

Need a new haze machine for use in/on our stages.   Likely we will have to have alarms shut off and a "fire watch"  ( watch the safety officers  to keep them awake)  so setting off alarms may not be a problem.

Prefer one with least maintenance since we don't use that often.   We have a couple of "original" High End F-100 foggers from years ago.   They always work, they rarely need cleaning.  However their fog is not haze, even with a "haze juice" product.

Suggestions?  Money is always an object but …..I  don't have $3K for a  DF -50.

I haven't kept up with what juice is "approved" for actor use (and maybe singers) .  Stage productions…not R&R…not events...

Thanks

DickA
TD, Cornell U