[SML] Keychain Tools

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 2 22:41:57 UTC 2015

 I have carried a pocket knife for at least seventy years, from small
'penknives' to big Swiss Army jobs.  The latter are all compromise
multi function tools. Their big trouble is that none of them works
very well as a screwdriver. The twisting forces when so used have a
strong tendency to split the side plates apart, and the wood saws are
impossibly coarse. That said, they are better than no tool at all.

A very important point is that the knofe blades, however large or
small, need to be kept very sharp. I have no use for a blunt knife,
and I regularly touch them up on a oilstone. But, overstressing a
tool, or using it for a purpose for which it was not designed, often
brings trouble, if not danger, to its user. I have sheared off a few
bolts, and wrecked many screw heads by not following this advice. Also
a lot of screwdriver bits. I now have one or two really solid bits,
made of 3/8" hex tool steel bar. If these will not shift a screw,
aided by a big mains-powered drill, really desperate measures are
needed.

How many of us have found it impossible to change a car wheel, brcause
of over-tightening of the wheel nuts or bolts?

On 2 April 2015 at 18:55, Dave Wortman via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> More than just small screwdrivers
>
> http://www.trueutility.com/collections/all-products
>
> Relevance to stagecraft: