[SML] Help USITT Make April 24 Rigging Safety Day!

Janet Gramza Janet at usitt.org
Thu Apr 9 14:15:39 UTC 2015

Hello, Stagecraft Pros,
As you may have heard, USITT is embarking on a mission to make April 24 Rigging Safety Day on social media. Arbor Day is a day we have traditionally sought donations to our Rigging Safety Initiative to provide free inspections & safety training for high school stages. (www.usitt.org/rigsafe<http://www.usitt.org/rigsafe>) This year, we are trying to boost awareness of rigging safety and programs like the RSI & ETCP by encouraging all our friends who use any form of social media to post their support for rigging safety with the hashtag #RigSafe.
We ask that you spread the word of this event & contribute to the effort by asking your organization to post its support, info about your safety efforts, photos of a show on a recently inspected stage, announcement of your donation to a rigging safety program (Hint, hint), or ANYTHING to do with rigging safety. If we can get #RigSafe to trend for a minute that day, we'll have raised a ton of awareness.
Please plan to also share USITT's #RigSafe posts & tweets on April 24 & add your personal posts, if that's something you do.
Here's JR Clancy/Wenger's notice on their blog, for more info:
http://www.yourperformancepartners.com/rigsafe/
Thanks in advance for your help on this!
Janet

Janet Gramza
Communications Associate
www.usitt.org<http://www.usitt.org>
[image001]
United States Institute for Theatre Technology
315 S. Crouse Ave., Suite 200
Syracuse, NY  13210
800-93-USITT
315-728-2519