[SML] smart phones and wind

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Sat Apr 11 21:54:49 UTC 2015

I've been somewhat plagued lately with customers calling me with
critical info from their smart phones* while outdoors or on an active
set.  The outdoors people sound like you'd expect a crappy microphone in
a hurricane.  The ones on an active set show that noise canceling hasn't
made it to smart phones yet.

Moral:  Don't stand in anything over a light breeze or noisy environment
when you're giving a vendor critical information about your project.

* as far as I know every one of these has been an iPhone.  Don't know if
'droids have the same problem.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand