[SML] LED Replacements for Outdoor Medium Base Tubular Bulbs

Andy Lang andy at soundguyandy.com
Wed Apr 15 01:19:30 UTC 2015

Alright, hive mind...I'm looking for an LED medium base tubular bulb that's
suitable for use in a deck/riser light in a stone wall outdoors. Wiring to
the fixture is appropriately weather-tight, but the lens isn't necessarily.

I'd prefer to find a bulb that's outdoor rated, but I suppose if I find one
that's okay in a completely enclosed fixture, I can seal the lens once it's
installed, since I shouldn't have to replace it later. Any thoughts?

(I'd also be game if I could find a replacement LED panel that I can
retrofit to the screw base, but all the LED riser lights I can find are
integral to their enclosures, and are low voltage.)

Thanks in advance!

-Andy

--
*(As you may have noticed, this is coming from my new address. Messages
sent to andy at ducksecho will still reach me, but please update your contacts