[SML] Vacuform machine

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Thu Apr 30 22:26:06 UTC 2015

The financial procedures of some outfits are beyond belief. I have
worked for two which allocated a budget to particular departments. If
you hadn't spent it by the end of the financial year, you lost it. You
couldn't carry it forward. Naturally, this led to a big peakin
spending just before they ran out.

After fifteen years, I convinced the theatre I worked in to establish
a procedure for carrying surpluses forward, so that we could save up
for major renewals, such as the lighting board.

Accountants seem to have a different mind-set from normal people. I
know that my car is not immortal, so I accumulate funds, in an
interest earning account, for its replacement. Bean-counters don't
seem to understand this.

On 30 April 2015 at 20:13, Joe D via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> A company I worked for designed and built a machine worth many thousands of dollars. The company decided it was no longer going to be needed, before it was even finished. It could not be sold because of its proprietary nature. But what puzzled me is that because they wanted to take some sort of tax loss, they could not even donate parts, like actuators, to a university.  These sorts of components would be worth tens of thousands of dollars.  But, they all had to be fully destroyed.
>
> Joe Dunfee
> jdunfee12 at yahoo.com

Frank Wood