[SML] Replacement Digital Camera

Paul G. pguncheon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 21:45:27 UTC 2015

I use an old Kodak EasyShare 2710 as it's a SLR and LCD screen jobby. As an old school fine art photographer (I was schooled by the likes of Garry Winogrand, Robert Frank, and Aaron Siskind) so through the lens is crucial for me.

Also, I got tired of having to clean nose prints off the screen.

Besides that, I have a super wide angle attachment that screws onto the lens. I used to use an Olympus c-10(?) and was devastated when it died. I could not find a "reasonably" priced camera to which I could attach the adapter. A day later I found the Kodak at a local swap meet for like $7.00. The next week I found another for a bit more. The way I bang cameras about, they should last a while. One of these days I'll try out a high end unit to see if it is actually worth the money. (I say the same thing about Festool stuff).

I still have not seen any camera that could approach my Leica M2... a truly sad day when I had to sell that camera and lenses to pay bills. Sigh...

Never had much use for telephoto lenses. Most times I am trying to get more into the frame rather than get closer. ("C'mon... everyone scrunch closer together" syndrome) but that's just me I s'pose.

Laters,

Paul 1

Sent from my iPad