[SML] Lightronics xc 40

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Mon Aug 3 12:48:05 UTC 2015

As others have suggested, you need a dummy load.

Simply plug into a clip-light backstage.

You see the same issue with LED Christmas lights… they will flicker and ghost on most dimmers unless there is a phantom load plugged in with them.

When I got to Chauvet, one of the first things I did was make our little DJ Dimmer pack (DMX-4) work with LED Christmas lights... a small feature, and one that almost no one notices, but it is really useful when you need it.

If you do come across a little Chauvet Dimmer pack, look at the spec sticker.  If it says either DMX-4D or DMX-4 v2, it has the flicker suppression built-in.

Thanks,
-Ford