[SML] Touring LD workboxes...

Dale Farmer dale at cybercom.net
Tue Aug 4 14:40:56 UTC 2015

An LD work box is quite a different critter than an ME workbox.
LD workbox would have a laptop with whatever design program the LD uses installed.  Backup copies of all their current shows, in case the laptop gets dropped and run over by a scenery cart.    Paper, writing sticks, post its, tape, etc. Reference materials, swatch books, and a good thick novel to read during downtimes.  (I know, I know, but it is theoretically possible)  Some snack and meal replacement bars, for when you don't have time for a proper meal break.    Spare charger and cable for your cell phone.
The ME box is much larger and heavier.  Paper, writing sticks, tape, sharpies and so on.   Long measuring tape 300 ft or 100 meter, 100 ft measuring tape.  Calculator.  Repair tools and materials.  Tools and supplies for doing power tie-ins.Cheap loaner wrench for the guy who forgot his.  Multi cell phone charging station for all the crews cell phones during work times.  Box of disposable earplugs, in case of noisey carps or whatever.  Extra tape, tie line, gel, blackwrap.  Small first aid kit, wooden broomstick handle, 100 foot rope with two caribiners.  Spare batteries, small trash bags and some zip lock bags for small parts containment.  Couple of cheap flashlights.  Roll of engineers flagging tape.Roll of tape with "BROKEN" printed all along it.Small stock of connectors for repairs or creating special power cords.  A known good DMX cable.DMX dongleDMX testercouple of spare adapters, twofers, etc.  Small folding camp stool.  Box should have a means of making a table big enough for a blueprint lay on and storage spot for rolled up blueprints.
Lots of variations on this due to individual preferences and localized conditions.
Dale