[SML] Creative Connors Question

Jon Lagerquist jon at lagerquist.com
Thu Aug 13 13:11:34 UTC 2015

The Creative Connor system, SpikeMark, does have the capability to do
several different types of conditional control. The particular way one
would implement this is dependent on the specifics of the case in hand.
There are ways to do this in the programing of the show (software) and
ways to do this with hardware like their FX unit.

They do a great job helping to understand the different ways to set up
their gear. It is well worth a call.

Jon

On 8/13/2015 4:48 AM, Brian Munroe via Stagecraft wrote:
> Never used them but have heard good things about them. They also have
> extensive info in their website. I know they just released a new version
> of their software.
>
> I think they can do hardware interlocks, not sure about software
> interlocks. She should give them a call. I hear that they have very good
> support.
>
>> Sent from a small device with big fingers
>>

> On Aug 12, 2015, at 9:58 PM, Brooke Carlson via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net <mailto:stagecraft at theatrical.net>> wrote:
>
>> I have a friend, who is a stage manager on a show using a Creative
>> Connors system, who asked me a question regarding that system's
>> capabilities.  I have never used their gear, but I have seen some
>> discussions here about them, so I am hoping that someone may be able
>> to help.
>>
>> Is there a way in their software to be able to program in what I would
>> call an interlock, and an electrician might call inhibitive, and
>> someone not in the business might call if/then.  In other words,
>> unless or until Effect A is reading or has done something, Effect B
>> will be disabled.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any assistance that may be offered.
>>
>> Brooke

Jon Lagerquist