[SML] hdmi audio booster

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Mon Aug 17 03:16:55 UTC 2015

Have to see if this TV has audio out, the old tube one did and we had
that hooked to an amplifier.  This TV is plenty loud on most shows, just
not all.

We rarely see commercials, if we watch something that comes off a TV
channel it's normally recorded to a DVR and played back later, skipping
commercials.

Most of what we watch is transferred to the DVR from the Internet so
there aren't commercials.

On 08/16/2015 08:08 PM, Richard John Archer via Stagecraft wrote:
> Maybe it's just the little tiny speakers on most LED tv's.   Saw one of these in the catalogue.   Then again some of us are of a certain age where maybe we just can't hear anymore….
>
> http://www.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=84896
>
> Age aside, I was watching an old (1958) episode of Perry Mason on "Me TV"  and was amazed at how little background "noise" was in the way of hearing the dialogue.  ……and no ramp of of "dramatic" music just before the commercial break so you can get around  FCC rule  "  the commercial can't be louder than the show"  ….… (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation Act {CALM})  …think about the commercial break in just about any Bellisario  produced current TV series..
>
> DickA
> TDF, Cornell U

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand