[SML] jigsaws

Richard John Archer rja10 at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 31 00:39:48 UTC 2015

>> Festool, anyone?
>>

>> --
>> Dave Vick

We have a Festool track saw (a "skill" saw).   We have the complete kit, tool, guide, guide extension, vacuum attachment.   Very nice.  Very expensive (like over $1k)   We don't let students use it.  They can cut with  one of our other circular saws or the battery ones and use a homemade plywood guide.

I suppose if we were cutting a lot of scroll work we would by a Festool jig saw   I'll bet the time saved and the straight cuts  would pay for the $350-400 price tag.  Also lightweight, cool operating temp…not sure if I'd like the barrel grip and no handle…..hands don't grip so well anymore…but I'm not old, just well worn.

Not flushed with cash…..but not flushed with time either.

DickA
TD, Cornell U