[SML] VL1000 floor plates

Andrew Vance atvanceld at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 17:37:17 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 12:14 PM, Chad Croteau via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I believe City Theatrical makes such a beast.

The do indeed.  Might be discontinued [I couldn't find it on the CT
site], but here's a link to a place that sells them:

http://www.stagelightingstore.com/City-Theatrical-VL-500-1000-Floor-Stand

> I've also cludged some together using 2x4 and scrap plywood...

I've seen that done as well.  Looking at what the CT one actually is,
I might just go that route.

The only reason you need a floor mount for the VL1000 is because it
can tip over while moving because the base is so small.  Expanding the
footprint of that base is the simplest [and cheapest] solution.

--
Sincerely,

Andrew Vance
Lighting Designer