[SML] Retracting Booth Window

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:03:08 UTC 2015

Idea: bifurcate the problem in to seeing what is happening on stage, and
hearing what the audience hears. First, install a 3'x8' double-paned, very
thick, fully damped, fixed window for viewing, and second, install an
operable window of whatever design to hear what the audience hears.
/s/ Richard

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Andy Lang via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Does anybody know of a manufacturer of a window for a tech booth that
> fully retracts into the wall, either sliding horizontally or vertically
> with counterweights? I'm not sure if that's a thing that exists, or would
> have to be custom.
>
> I'm trying to find a solution (for a new construction)that allows for the
> booth window to be fully opened, rather than sliding so only one half can
> open, or requiring a heavy window panel to be physically removed and stored
> (in which case it inevitably either never comes out, or never goes back in).
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Andy

/s/ Richard
_________