[SML] Retracting Booth Window

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 18:43:32 UTC 2015

On 12/11/15 1:36 PM, Andy Lang via Stagecraft wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 1:28 PM Stephen Litterst via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net <mailto:stagecraft at theatrical.net>> wrote:
>
>     I'm a little puzzled here.  What's the difference between a 4' window
>     sliding into a pocket in the wall and a 4' window sliding behind its
>     mate in the frame?  Either way you have the same opening.  At least with
>     half-open, half-window you have a wider field of view.
>

> False equivalency. A 4' window sliding behind it's mate is an 8' window
> that only opens halfway. The alternative would be an 8' window that
> opens all the way.
>
> Although, depending on wall and window size, it might be more feasible
> to have it be an 8' opening with two 4' windows that meet and lock in
> the middle, but slide into the wall on either side, so you only need
> just over 4' of wall to pocket it into...

I'm regretting using a number.  I should have just used 'x.' And then
you'd have said an x' window is a 2x window that only opens halfway.

We could go 'round this circle all day.  The difference between my
scenario and yours is that your half window is covered in drywall and
mine is clear. If you have wall space for a pocket, then why not make
that part of the window and increase your field of view?

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall