[SML] booth window

Allison Koster kosteral at juno.com
Fri Dec 11 19:53:06 UTC 2015

Depending on your space, how about a window that is hinged at the top and opens up & out like an awning?  The Children's Theatre Company in Minneapolis has one that is pretty much the full width of their sound & light booth--probably 16 feet wide by 5 feet tall (from height of desk top to ceiling). Multiple panes of glass (like the "garage door" in one of the photos someone posted), so not so expensive to replace should one get broken. The window has heavy-duty locks on it to prevent anyone breaking into the booth.  I'm certain there is some sort of safety-rigging that secures the window in the "up" position (so it doesn't come crashing down into the faces of the people sitting in the back two rows of audience), but I don't recall the details (it's been a while since I've been there).

Otherwise, if you wish to proceed with your "pocket door"-type windows, it might be easier/cheaper to consider building your pockets in an add-on piece of wall inside your booth instead of trying to modify an existing wall--particularly if there are concrete blocks involved!

$0.02
Allison Koster
Worthington, MN