[SML] Snow Machine Shoot Out?

Ben Hain Ben.Hain at rctc.edu
Tue Dec 15 04:01:57 UTC 2015

I just finished our Christmas concerts with three rental 'Silent Storms'.
I wouldn't call them 'quiet' by any means.
Volume is variable, and goes from heavy flury's to full blown blizzard. I can cover an old lady's hair with suds in a few seconds.
I know the rental company is pretty good at cleaning and checking these before they go out. I returned them today and he made the comment they were more fussy than foggers. Another rental place had 6 Antari snow machines going on but I haven't used them.

Range on the Silent Storms is about 25'-30' at full fan shooting from my catwalks. I think they longer they're used, the more 'clumpy' they get.

Using Ultrateks fluid, It does leave a little fleck of residue, but it just brushes off for the most part.

Ben

Ben Hain
RCTC
Technical Director Hill Theater