[SML] CM vs. Harrington

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 14:26:57 UTC 2015

I've never seen a Harrington electric hoist in captivity. I have a
whole bunch of years of experience with Columbus-McKinnon gear. It's
an industry standard.

If you really want to avoid using CM (and I can't think why anyone
would, aside possibly from the operating noise level), the new German
Liftket hoists from Hoffman Fördertechnik GmbH (as rented in North
America from Christie) are very, very, very nice as well... Lighter
weight than CM 1-tons, oil-filled gear train, almost silent operation,
comes fitted with anti-jam chain blocks, &c.  I've used them on two
three tours now, and I really like them. Especially the
double-clutch-double-brake units I have now.

--
Dave Vick
Flyman/Rigger, "Annie" On Tour 2015-16